Monday 14 October 2013

Day 9

boy in front, girl in back


Puppies are now 9 days old and getting more active.  Yesterday I started to notice the puppies taking their first steps towards walking.  They sort of pull themselves along with their front legs and every now and then manage to get a back leg or two underneath them.  Then they push off with their back legs. It only lasts a step or two and then they fall over.  It usually takes momma Spryte in the box to motivate the puppies to move around.  When she is in the box they blindly try and follow her around until she lies down and they can nestle in.  It's great practise for the puppies and their coordination is rapidly improving.  I even managed to get a short video of the boy yesterday and the girl today attempting a few steps.

And Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  I am thankful today for my wonderful family, friends and canine children.  I hope everyone is fortunate enough to spend it with loved ones and feast on many Thanksgiving delicacies.

 girl
 
 girl
 
boy

boy 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving, Before you know it they'll be doing the A-frame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving! I'm thankful for these cute little pups and this wonderful blogger who shares!
    They sure are cute. First steps, oh my!!

    ReplyDelete