Friday 12 October 2012

Puppy Assesment

Leanne and her mom, Helen, came out this morning to assess the litter of puppies.  They have been breeding Shelties for at least twenty years and have had countless conformation champions and ROMC dogs over the years.  I doubt there are two people more qualified at assessing Sheltie puppies than these two.

I admit I was a little worried that the puppies might not meet their high standard of quality.  I love my puppies very much and to me they are all beautiful, but I might be a little biased. So what would an expert say about my first litter?  Well they loved them!

They had lots of wonderful things to say.  Beautiful thick coats, nice heads, nice full muzzles, good body, nice structures, good rear angulations, nice fronts.  Overall a very nice litter!  Both sables for sure could get their championship and if the large bi black girl stayed in size she could probably finish too.  They loved the small bi black girl, but said her face just "isn't enough". Just not full and round enough for the show ring.  I can live with that, it's what gives her that cute "cuddle me now" look. 

So I am beaming from ear to ear that my first litter so far has been a success!

here are the stacked pics and faces of the puppies (8 weeks old). it was hard to do, they didn't want to stand still, so they are not stacked perfectly, but at least you get an idea of what they look like.

sable boy


small bi black girl


sable girl


large bi black girl

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! And with you as their first 'trainer' I know they are already smart too.

    ReplyDelete