Tuesday 7 August 2012

CKC agility trial at Spruce Meadows

The AAC agility Nationals was this past weekend, but I was here in Calgary instead.   I decided not to go this year because Spryte's litter is due soon and we have too much other stuff on the go to be gone for a week doing agility. I thought I would be sad and disappointed that I couldn't go, especially knowing everyone would be posting Nationals updates.  So I entered the CKC agility trial at Spruce Meadows this past weekend, so that I too could play agility while everyone else was on the island.

It worked! I had a blast at the show and didn't miss Nationals at all. I realised that I love doing agility and it doesn't matter if it's a small event or a National event. Or if it's AAC or CKC agility. It is all fun and a great time spent with my dog.  It was also a wonderful time spent with friends and students.  There were several Hyper Hounds students there competing and for two of them it was the first agility trial for their dogs.  I was thrilled to be there to witness many great runs by my students and see the joy both human and canine had on their faces when leaving the ring.  Everyone had a great time.  The students all agreed that the show was very welcoming for them, everyone very friendly and the atmosphere relaxed and low key.  The perfect place for newbie agility competitors and a great way to boost their confidence and experience at trials.

Strider and I had a fantastic weekend Q'ing 6/8 runs, bringing us closer to our CKC agility championship.  Strider ran like a dream all weekend, giving me his all every run despite the crazy heat.  And we both enjoyed the flowing courses.  Lots of room for front crosses and smooth handling.  I really love CKC agility and I am already checking out dates for our next trial in the fall!

(Thanks Tasha for the great pictures!)


No comments:

Post a Comment