Tuesday 21 August 2012

3 days old

Puppies are now three days old and doing well. All are healthy and Spryte is back to eating normal portions of food, and she even got to play a few games of fetch!

I am getting nothing done around the house. I should be doing laundry or dishes or something productive but instead I find myself sitting in the whelping box just watching the puppies.  I love watching them nurse, or huddle together to sleep or wiggle into Spryte for warmth.  It is incredible to see the natural instincts take over in Spryte. She knows when to lick them to help them eliminate, she knows when they are hungry or too cold or too hot. She really is a fantastic mom. 

Here are more pics and videos:


puppies 3 days old 


puppies 2 days old

puppies 3 days old

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't be getting any housework done either. I'd say watching and spending time with puppies right now is very productive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it's not always about productivity... sometimes it's about enjoyment of life :)They don't stay babies for long!

    ReplyDelete