Monday 17 September 2012

Day 30

I came into the puppy pen this morning calling "puppies puppies" and everyone came running. The puppies are starting to realise that people are FUN.  They want to come and visit and climb on me, nibble my feet, pounce on my hands.  They want to be with people now. 

Every day I handle all the puppies. And I don't mean just cuddle them (they get that several times a day), but I mean I do a little exam on them.  Touch their feet, look at their toes, handle their ears, look inside the ears, check out their pearly white teeth, pull their tail a bit, that kind of thing.  I also touch all of them while they are eating.  At least one meal a day I have my hands on them while they eat. I pet them, pick them up and move them to a different spot on the dish, put my hands in the dish.  I want these puppies to be bomb proof! 

Spryte is also starting to play a bit with the puppies.  They roll over and bite and whack her nose and she nudges them around a bit.  She is very gentle and it doesn't look like much yet. But I can see her tail wagging the way it does when she greets adults dogs and wants to play.  I think she will really enjoy them in another week or so when she can really start playing with them.

Pics and video from today:

Spryte is such a pretty mommy :)

The food dish is an acceptable bed isn't it?

small bi black girl

sable girl playing with toy

sable boy playing with his little sister

sables

small bi black girl


1 comment:

  1. I love the way you're taking such care with their socialization. I'm not a breeder and don't plan to be, but I certainly appreciate the care that thoughtful breeders put into rearing well-adjusted puppies. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete