Monday 28 January 2013

AGDC for Spryte

Spryte earned her AAC Advanced Gamers Dog of Canada title on Saturday.  We finally got that last Snooker Q!  I have decided to play it safe for my snooker runs for a while. I want the Q's and snooker is a hard game for Spryte.  Having to run by equipment and not take it is practically impossible for  her.  So now my plan is to have as direct a route as possible where she is only ever looking at obstacles she is aloud to take and never gets a chance to look at an off course obstacle. I don't care if the  point values are low, as long as it's enough for a qualifying leg. 

Spryte and Strider both earned a team leg on Saturday too. I'm sure it's been at least 6 years since I have played Team in agility.  It's something you just never see anymore.  I completely agree that it shouldn't be apart of the ATCh, but it would be nice to see it a little more often at trials. It was a ton of fun and both my partners were great.  Strider was paired with a Bichon Shitzu named Tessa and Spryte was paired with Flash.  The Spryte/Flash relay video is below.  It's neat to see the two shelties together on a team, the Super Sheltie couple did great.  They even managed to not flirt with each other during the run.  I ran first with Spryte (you'll see me pause at the Aframe, expecting my dog to stop! and then rushing ahead when she didn't, bad girl) then Dave ran with Flash. Enjoy the video.

All in all we had a great time at the CAA one day trial.  The Fez Dome is my favourite barn to trial in. It's warm, very bright, clean and has a really good surface.  The trial was very small and was attended by a great group of friendly agility enthusiasts.  Fun was had by all ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment