Tuesday 19 June 2012

The deed is done.

Spryte has been bred three times now to Ace.  The deed is done and now we play the waiting game.  We can ultrasounds on day 32. And the first expected delivery date will be August 17.  So fingers crossed that Spryte becomes pregnant and gives birth to at least 3 healthy, lively puppies.  I will keep you all updated as the information comes in.

I'm really enjoying this next phase in my dog career. I have been reading dog books and articles like crazy on breeding, birthing, puppy raising etc. I just finished the Puppy Intensive Care book by Myra Savant-Harris and although it made me realise all the things that could go wrong in the birthing process, it did make me feel more prepared if something were to go wrong.  I now have a list of supplies that I will need for that special day, and a plan of action for the pre-delivery, delivery and post delivery care.  Thankfully for me I have Paul who will be there too and he will know exactly what to do if anything goes wrong.  I think he is the reason I'm not panicking about the whole thing.  If I was by myself I would be alot more worried about my first litter of puppies.  Instead I get to relax and enjoy the whole process.

No comments:

Post a Comment