Friday 17 January 2014

Training Troop agility trial

Last weekend the Shelties and I attended the Training Troop January Fundraiser trial. It was a great trial with lots of fun courses. The biggest trend in course design that weekend was backsides of jumps. There where a lot of them!  The standard courses, the steeplechase course, the jumpers course. It felt like nearly all courses had at least one backside in it. 

The dogs did great.  Strider earned 6 Q's and Spryte earned 5, including earning her Expert Jumpers Bronze title on her jumpers run.  I was a very proud momma :)  Below are some of Spryte's runs from the weekend.

Some other updates in our lives...I have signed up for Justine Davenport's Skills and Drills online course that starts this week. I completed the foundation program in the spring and loved it.  Justine's handling style makes complete sense to me.  It has clear rules and applications.  After completing the course I knew when and how it should be applied and leaves no question in my mind or the dogs as to what we are doing on course. I think Spryte loves how predictable it is and I think she is even a little faster because of it! 

Next weekend I am hosting Justine Davenport and Jessica Patterson for a weekend long agility seminar in Calgary. I am over the top excited about this seminar.  I love how both  of them handle and have idolized them for a while.  Now I am excited to bring them to our area for my students and myself to learn from. I'm sure it will be a weekend filled with lots of "ah ha!" moments and pushing our teamwork to the max.  I will have to write a blog post once we have completed the seminar.

That is about it for now. The picture of Spark is from today. I really need to take my camera out and get some good pictures. Spryte's agility runs are below.



jumpers run
 
Masters standard
 
master standard 2
 
challenge course
 
Steeplechase
 


1 comment:

  1. Nice diary!! nice Post !! Like your Blog and your concepts and that i assume its benificial for us and that i keep to go to your diary often as a result of i got ton of knowledge through you diary


    Calgary Dog Training

    ReplyDelete