Sunday 24 March 2013

Camrose Show


This weekend Wendy and I took Spryte and Snap up to Camrose for their CKC dog show.  I was showing both shelties in the conformation ring and Spryte was showing in Open B in obedience. 

This was Spryte's very first time in the Open ring and I was nervous!  We have had some pretty rocky moments with her dumbbell retrieve over the last few months and there have been several times were I really wondered if she would compete in Open at all this year.   I was worried that she might not be ready.  But since our practises lately have been going really well I decided to go for it and see how she does.

Well I couldn't be happier with the results from this weekend.  Spryte qualified in both her Open rounds with very nice scores of 198 and 197 and a third and fourth place finish.  Spryte showed like a super star!  She was confident and happy throughout her runs.  I didn't have any issues with her dumbbell retrieves and we didn't loose any points for mouthing.  I was so pleased!  Wendy videoed the runs, I'll post the link on here when they are on line.

Unfortunately conformation was not kind to us this weekend.  Neither dogs won anything and both got dumbed both days.  Frustrating but that's how it goes.  Spryte showed well.  She amazed me with her versatility.  One minute she was in the conformation ring gaiting beautifully and perfectly stacked, and the next minute we are racing to the obedience ring were she gives me a stellar performance.  This is a dog that knows her job!

 Snap handled her first show very well.  She patiently stood on the table and endured all the fluffing and primping only requiring the occasional cookie to keep her spirits up.  The ring was a little more  intimidating to her and she was reluctant to gait out for the go arounds.  However when it came time for the table she stood beautifully, and she stacked very nicely during the lineups.  For such a young puppy she handled her first show very well. 

After each day we took the girls out back to the field to run and play.  Here are some pics of them just "being dogs"


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your first 2 Open legs! Awesome scores too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snap looks so grown up and so much like her mom, so nice to see them playing. Congratulations on the Open runs with Spryte!

    ReplyDelete