Saturday 3 March 2012

great day at the agility show

I had a great time at the CKC agility trial today.  The barn is warm and bright and the people very welcoming. The judge had some great courses too, challenging, but still very fair.

 It's been interesting watching different breeds of dogs compete.  That is one great thing about CKC agility, it tends to bring out breeds you wouldn't normally see.  Some non traditional agility breeds here this weekend have been a Scottie, Black Russian Terriers, Irish Setters, a Norrbottenspets and an Am staff.  Everyone seemed to be having a great time with their dogs and there are lots of impressive teams to watch between runs.

The shelties had a great day today. Spryte Q'de in all 4 runs.  We started with 2 jumpers runs this morning.  This worked out well for Spryte as she could really open up and run and not worry about contacts or tables.  Then on to standard in the afternoon, where she had great 2 on 2 off positions on the dogwalks and her running aframes were very nice too.  The first Aframe she was maybe only 6 inchs into the yellow before leaving, but her second one she strided well into the center.  I was so pleased! We have been working hard on retraining her aframe and it is starting to pay off.

Spryte was fast and responsive in all her runs today.  Once again I had that wonderful rush I get every time I run my little speed demon. She is causing me to become addicted to agility, like a bad drug, I just have to have more!

Strider Q'd 2/4 runs and finished up his Excellent standard title. He was sucked into the tunnel vortex during a few runs causing some off courses (shelties are very susceptible to this black hole type phenomenon), but after that he started to pay attention to the human half of the team and ran wonderfully for the rest of the day.  I still love running my old guy.  He can be so naughty, but he does it with a smile on his face the whole time.  You just have to shake your head and laugh.  I love that little dog!

Well off to bed, we need our rest for another great day of agility tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment