Friday 13 January 2012

More on blindcrosses

I just wanted to post a little video on Blindcrosses that someone else posted on Facebook.  Since I am considering using this handling technique I am trying to gather as much information before I actually try it with my dog.  The video is great, showing how nice it can work with an experienced dog and handler, then how to use it, but it also shows what can go wrong.  And it's this part that interests me the most because mostly people comment that blind crosses can confuse your dog and you will end up with a bunch of off courses.  I think it is hard to do well, and most people probably don't put enough time into training and conditioning the skill first before using it on course.



Onto another topic, the stud dog that the breeder picked out for Spryte's breeding has been producing lousy temperaments.  So we won't be using him.  So now I am back to searching for another stud. I have a bi-black boy in mind but I have to discuss it with the breeder first.  So hopefully there will be an update soon saying that I have permission to use him this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment